From today, EMIS Health will become the unifying brand name for:
- EMIS – the UK market leader in primary care software and services (53% share of UK GP market) with a growing presence in community, child and mental health;
- Rx Systems – the single most widely used dispensary management system in community pharmacy (36% UK market share);
- Ascribe and Indigo 4 – providing a wide range of services across secondary care (systems used in 81% of NHS Acute Trusts);
- Digital Healthcare – the leading UK provider of software and services to support diabetic eye screening (81% English market share).
The move emphasises EMIS Health’s unique ability to join up healthcare technology and patient records across every major UK care setting – from high street pharmacies to GP surgeries, community services, A&E departments and specialist care.
It follows five years of expansion during which the company, which began as a GP software supplier, has become a leader in the delivery of technology to support integrated care.
EMIS Group Chief Executive Chris Spencer said: “The launch of EMIS Health signals a new era in the evolution of our healthcare software business.
“It follows extensive work behind the scenes to further integrate the different parts of the business and leverage their combined power to deliver truly joined-up patient care.
“Now is the time to signal our unique capability to customers, by uniting our expertise within different sectors under a single brand.”
Examples of integrated healthcare software solutions provided by EMIS Health include:
- The first project in the UK to give community pharmacists access to the GP record, supporting safer dispensing and more effective patient care;
- A landmark contract to connect the whole health community in Gibraltar – linking patient care across primary care, secondary care, community and mental health services. The first elements of the project are due to go live this week.
- A network of regional projects to join up health technology in local health economies including: Informatics Merseyside, Camden CCG and Newham CCG.