Our business model
Our vision is to support longer and healthier lives for everyone. We do this by facilitating improved clinical outcomes and efficiency through connected technology services.
Our key inputs
- Innovative connected technology services.
- Highly skilled people.
- Trusted brand.
- Strong relationships and strategically aligned with government, partners and the markets we serve.
- Strong revenue visibility.
- Responsible leadership.
- Strong culture of caring for both customers and patients.
What we do
- Support the constantly evolving landscape of healthcare through well-implemented, dynamic and innovative software and services.
- Listen to customers and citizens, and deliver what they need.
- Deliver on our connected product strategy to facilitate the use of clinical information.
- Maximise the return on our resources by joining them up and making them super-efficient.
- Ensure that information is available where it’s needed, when it’s needed.
How we generate revenue
- Software licences.
- Maintenance and support.
- Hosting services.
- Hardware installation, maintenance and support.
- Training/consultancy and implementation.
- Other support services, including screening services.
- Interoperability fees.
How we add value
- Join up healthcare through innovative IT to give better access to information for better, faster and cheaper patient care.
- Deliver planned returns to customers, clinicians, citizens, investors and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that healthcare maximises the benefits that can be attained through clinically focused, innovative software.
- Strong cash generation through recurring revenues.
- Retain and grow market share.
Why customers choose us
- We are clinically focused.
- We are pioneering.
- We are joining up healthcare.
- We care about what we do.
- We assist in providing better patient care.
- We are their trusted supplier.
- We are used in every major healthcare setting, directly supporting patients and clinicians to provide safe and efficient care.
See the annual report and accounts 2017 for more detail.
EMIS Group is closely aligned with NHS strategy, to use technology to help bridge the NHS funding gap. Read more in the annual report and accounts 2017 about the market EMIS Group operates in, and the commitment of the NHS to use the power of software to join up care to deliver faster, better and cheaper healthcare.